Name: Luis Martinez Suarez
Frontend developer since 2019
The tech stack I feel at home with: React, NextJS, Firebase, Tailwind CSS, Mantine.dev, Storyblok (headless CMS)
- Create component-based, SEO-friendly and accessible user interfaces
- Turn designs into code
- Craft clean, reusable, maintainable and well-documented code
Some projects I've worked on:
- Internal platform and conferences platform for passionate people: Migrate Nuxt code to a more modern standard (composition API). Extend frontend and backend with new features.
- Build Nuxt component library that powers campaign pages, with content managed from Storyblok CMS. Making it easy to create new pages without help of the dev team.
- Build Single page applications (like admin dashboards) powered by Vue 3
Other tools I've used: Redux Toolkit, Storybook, Bootstrap CSS, PostCSS, NodeJS, Google Apps Script / Google Sheets scripts, testing frameworks (vitest, jest, testcafe, React testing library)
Contact: luismartinezwebdev (at) gmail (dot) com
Freelance Frontend Developer and Consultant @ Toptal
- Improve the Web Accessibility up to WCAG 2.1 standards of a large-scale web app
- Tech: React, Jest, React Testing Library, Eslint
Frontend Developer @ Passionate People
Maintain Nuxt internal platform
- Tech: Nuxt 2 + composition API, tailwind CSS, Storybook
- Migrate options API components to composition API (newer, better style)
- Refactor and extend existing features, increasing reusability and code readability
- Add a new page that shows a dynamic list of data from the database
Maintain Nuxt conference platform
- Tech: Nuxt 2 + composition API, tailwind CSS, storyblok CMS
- Manual testing of user flows, finding bugs, adding small features to the UI, preparing platform for live conference
- Help re-architect project to increase its maintainability, creating development and staging environments
Maintain backend platform with serverless infrastructure
- Tech: NodeJS, Sanity client,
- Manual testing of existing endpoints
- Creation of new endpoints for reading and editing data from the database
Frontend Developer @ Jobsrepublic
Development of a Nuxt component library to use in conjunction with Storyblok CMS. PostCSS, Tailwind CSS.
Development of a Nuxt website: One code base, multiple sites. Deployment in AWS using internally established deployment guidelines. Certificate manager, route 53, EC2 load balancers and target groups, ECS
Development of a SPA with Vue: Vuex, Vue router, vertical slice architecture, testcafe end to end tests, coding best practices, refactoring, Vue Bootstrap, responsive layout, auth0, i18n
Update legacy code to modern standards (Vue SPA)
Development of integrations to optimize internal tasks: Google Apps script, SendGrid, trello, zapier, lambda functions, serverless
Project and Accounts Manager @ Vsourz Digital Agency
Project manager of website design and development
Bridge between customer and development team
Determine project specifications (timings, pricing, production planning)
Entrepreneurial activity. 2015-2018
Creation of a print card game financed launching a successful Kickstarter campaign.
Product idea and design
Creation of artistic assets
Business planning and strategy
Doctorate (PhD) in Computational Chemistry, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany, 2009-2014
Scientific research in the area of Computational Chemistry.
Publication of 3 scientific works in scientific journals.
Feel confident with
React, NextJS, HTML5, CCS3, JS ES6, Redux Toolkit, Tailwind CSS, Mantine.dev, Accessibility, Bootstrap, Adobe Photoshop, Figma, VSCode, Vue ecosystem, Nuxt
Know something about
NodeJS, serverless, postgreSQL / MySQL, Redis, Docker, AWS (ECS, EC2, Route 53), CI/CD, bash scripting, technical SEO, UX/UI design, PWA, PostCSS, Google Apps script, OpenAI, Solidity / Ethereum, Blockchain
After my Doctorate (PhD) in Computational Chemistry, I felt unsatisfied and wanted a career change. Working as Project Manager in IT, I took a liking to this sector and now my professional goal is to build my career as a web developer.
- English: Excellent
- Spanish: Native
Joy in learning and keeping up to date with state of the art technologies
- luismartinezwebdev (at) gmail (dot) com
Tailwind CSS is the best CSS framework ever. Change my mind.